Alex's Tater Tot Bake
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Once slightly browned, add onion, carrots, garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Once onion soften (about 7 minutes), add flour. Stir constantly for 3 minutes.
4. Slowly add milk and cream mixture, stirring slowly to incorporate.
5. Add chicken stock, peas, sage, and preferred meat; cook until meat is cooked through.
6. Pour mixture into a 9x13 buttered baking dish. Arrange tater tots on top. Bake for 27-30 minutes or until tater tots are slightly browned.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
6 baby carrots, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
6 tbsp flour
2 cups milk with 1 cup heavy cream stirred in
1 tbsp chicken stock paste
1 c canned peas
1 1/2 lb shredded chicken, ground beef, or hot italian sausage
1/2 tsp sage
1 package tater tots (approx. 18 oz.)
*Adapted from Molly Yeh, "America; The Great Cookbook"