1. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook, dissolve the honey and and yeast in warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the milk, oil, salt and 3 cups of flour. Turn mixer on low. Gradually add flour until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Put the dough into an oiled bowl. Turn once to coat the entire ball of dough with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise, at least one hour.
4. Once risen, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide into equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. For hamburger buns, flatten the balls into 3 1/2" disks.
5. Place buns 3" apart on a parchment lined baking sheet and cover loosely with a warm towel. Let rise at least 30 minutes.
6. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lightly brush the tops of the buns with egg wash and top with sesame and poppyseeds. Bake for 18 - 22 minutes.
7. Allow buns to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing.
2 tablespoons honey
2 packets active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups warm milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
6 to 7 1/2 cups flour
egg wash: 1 egg beaten